Hull FC 6-22 St Helens: Tommy Makinson thwarts Super League play-off bid

Posted 2 years ago by Patrick Munuve | posted in Uncategorized | Post RSS 2.0

Hull vs St Helens
Super League
7:45pm Friday 13th September

The KCOM Stadium

Tommy Makinson played with a for St Helens to ensure Hull FC bid for a Super League play-off location.
Wigan Warriors’ 26-8 victory over Castleford handed Hull one last chance to procure a place at the KCOM Stadium.
Nevertheless, they weren’t great enough to take advantage as high-flying Saints ran out scores for Regan Grace and Mark Percival and thanks to the treble of Makinson.
It could have been a winning margin, but Lachlan Coote transformed only one of his five shots.
Saints’ most up-to-date success came three days after confirming Tonga head trainer Kristian Woolf would be the replacement to Justin Holbrook next season, but the present boss doesn’t want to finish his stint as a guy.
Beaten from Warrington Wolves in last year’s play-off semi-finals, Saints, as favorites went down in the past month’s Challenge Cup final.
That defeat ended fantasies of a domestic treble after completing runaway winners of the League Leaders’ Shield. They continue to be in contention for silverware this year – unlike Hull.
Due to the treble of Makinson, the home side trailed and saw their hopes of procuring a top-five location fading quickly.
Makinson swooped pass for his first bit down after nine minutes out of Coote’s cut. He also added his second six minutes later after a kick drifted into the corner.
Three was a number for team and the player when he accepted the next Coote pass six minutes to finish his hat-trick.
In between, prop Scott Taylor pass to give Hull expectation of a comeback – and had Marc Sneyd clung to his own kick with the try-line in his penis it might have been a different story.
Despite that setback, Hull started the second half strongly and almost added another try as Ratu Naulago tried to reach Albert Kelly’s kick.
Saints wanted their very best defence to keep Whites and the Black at bay and, having soaked tension up, they jumped to leave Hull in trouble with a fourth try after 63 minutes from Percival.
Fortunately for the home side, Coote location kicking left them from drawing on level. But as despair set in, the last-ditch strategies of Hull failed to bring the crucial points.
This was game over when Grace placed the finishing touches to Saints’ win on to ensure a year extension for Castleford that is thankful.

Read more here:

© 2021 Murang'a Teachers Training College – Design and hosting by BigHostAfrica